Thursday, May 27, 2010

Doctor's Appointment

Well I went to the doctor yesterday and saw a new doctor. They are starting to rotate me now so I can meet all 3 of the doctor's who could possibly deliver the baby. I really liked this doctor too so that was a relief. She went on and on about how beautiful my belly was without a blemish or stretch mark on it so what's not to love about such a nice doctor :)

I am measuring 37 weeks though instead of 33 so she was afraid I could possibly be having a HUGE baby. My belly doesn't have any fat and is very hard so she could feel how high up the babies feet are and how little room she has left in there. And I told her how much pain and pressure I'm having on my pubic bone and when she felt down there her head is already extremely low. So that explains why I am getting so uncomfortable. I don't think anyone wants to hear the word HUGE when referring to a baby they are going to have to give birth too! So we decided to do an ultrasound to check just so we would be prepared if I was having a really big baby. I did gain 4 lbs the last 2 weeks so now I'm at 19 lbs total! Still looks like my weight should be right where they want it at around 25 - 35 lbs by my due date.

I went back today for my ultrasound and her head isn't measuring too large so we shouldn't have any issues there. She also was in the 48 percentile for weight at about 4 and a half lbs so she is perfectly average size. I didn't get to talk to the doctor so I don't know why I keep measuring further along than I am, must just be because I'm carrying her all front and center. According to the ultrasound my due date is July 7th though so just about a week early. I would be very happy for her to come a little early but we will just have to wait and see when she decides she is ready!

I think it scared me and Caleb enough though about the possibility of Carli coming early so this week I'm definitely going to try to get our bags packed for the hospital. Then we are thinking we may go ahead and switch cars and install the car seat just in case. Hopefully it will be nice this weekend and we can clean out both cars before we switch. Other than that I plan to have a nice relaxing holiday weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment