Tuesday, May 18, 2010

32 Weeks!

It has been another crazy week. We have been so busy lately and it probably will continue this way until I feel like we are 100% ready. And I think there is no way to be 100% ready so I guess we are going to be busy until Carli makes her appearance.

I went to the doctor last week. Everything still seems to be going well. I go back again in 2 weeks and they will do bloodwork and recheck my iron levels to see if I'm still anemic. They said the baby is taking all the iron she needs so it's just leaving me without enough iron. Her head is still down so that's good, I was a breech baby so I'm glad to know I won't have to worry about that. She is really taking a toll on my lungs but they say that is normal. Until she drops even lower I won't have much lung capacity and will continue to feel out of breath.

We had our first baby shower Sunday. That went really well, the weather was perfect. We had lots of people come and got so much good stuff. We barely got everything home, we even had to buy luggage rack to go on the roof. We had the dogs with us so it was really a tight fit. I had two loads worth of laundry to do and that's alot when you think of how small those little clothes are. Now I'm busy trying to get everything ready for the shower here.

I have not been sleeping well lately. It's getting so hard to get comfortable and I'm getting so big it's hard to roll over. This belly of mine is heavy, I catch myself trying to carry it as I waddle around the house and things. Maybe I should invest in one of those support belt thingys.

My mom highlighted my hair for me this past week. I let the color sit and then she told me it was done so I could go rinse it out. I went upstairs to hang my head over the tub as I always do only to realize that wasn't going to happen. It was pretty funny, I thought about it for a minute and I concluded there was no possible way I was getting this belly out of the way to get bent over the tub. We resorted to the kitchen sink.

We had our last baby class tonight (unless one other class is offered in June). I took Caleb kicking and screaming to Breastfeeding class. He was not looking forward to that class or understanding why in the world he had to go. You have to explain things to Caleb with his wallet in mind though. When I mentioned how expensive a lactation consultant was and that if he could even remember one thing that I didn't we might not have to call one then he changed his tune. I like to think I have my husband figured out pretty well :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment