Tuesday, April 6, 2010

26 Week Belly Picture!

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how much bigger I got in the last two weeks! I guess I should start taking pictures every week if I'm going to be changing this much as the each week goes by. My belly has gotten so big now that I can't see below it! I tried to paint my toenails this week and it was next to impossible. It was extremely uncomfortable, almost painful, so I will be going for pedicures from now til July. I planned ahead for this though and asked for gift cards for my birthday so it will be a nice treat!

It was a busy week with Easter. Caleb's parents got us the travel system (the stroller and car seat combo) as our baby gift. We went ahead and brought it home so we have less to bring after our shower there. It's all put together and ready to go. We attempted it with no instructions but then with all of the safety issues these days I figured I better read the instructions and fix our mistakes! Now that it's put together correctly, it is all very pretty. It's grey and sort of a lime green. The dogs did lots of sniffing and checking out of all the new baby gear so I think its good that they are getting used to having baby things around now instead of all at once in July.

I had my monthly checkup this past week and gained another 3.5 lbs so I'm right where they want me to be. For someone normal weight to begin with you should gain 25 - 35 lbs total so I should be right in there somewhere at the end. Now my doctor's appointments are going to get more and more frequent as I get closer and closer to my due date. I go back in 3 weeks now. They did say I caught up with myself though so I'm not measuring like I should be.

I have been lucky for the past few weeks, hardly any aches or pains. So I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts. I had several people point out this week that I have the pregnancy walk down and that I'm now waddling. I was already aware though, I'm not sure exactly why but it is much more comfortable to waddle. I did have one or two days this week where I just felt like I couldn't breathe. All this extra weight and the baby moving up and smooshing my lungs I guess. I just feel like I can't quite catch my breath. I've probably got many more of those days to come especially with the heat where I'll feel like I'm gonna suffocate.

We are heading off to the Master's golf tournament this weekend, so I'm really excited about that. A nice little mini vacation. Then 2 more weeks after that, is my beach trip!! That is probably the end of my vacationing for a while. Then things are going to be very hectic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment