Tuesday, April 20, 2010

3rd Trimester!

Well we are officially in the last trimester now! Less than 12 weeks til our due date. I think I say this every week but time is really flying by. At first I was wishing the time away and now I'm worried I'm going to run out of time to get everything I wanted to done. I guess all the important things are done so we really are ready for her, there is just always going to be house projects I want done I suppose.

I'm off to the doctor again tomorrow. I feel like I was just there but it's been 3 weeks already. I have to have the glucose test done to check for gestational diabetes. From what I hear that is not going to be a fun test at all. I'm a little nervous, my pregnant friend (due 2 days after me)has gestational diabetes. We had girls night at my house Saturday and she had to watch what she ate and test her blood afterwards. Hopefully that test will go well then I'm off to the beach!

I am so excited about my beach trip. My sister is going down tomorrow night so I'm riding with her then Caleb will meet me down there with the dogs on Friday. I'm sneaking in an extra 2 days on my vacation! It will be our last vacation just the two of us, then we will have family vacations (or have to send Carli to stay with grandparents for a weekend!) It definitely won't be as easy to pack up and go. I've got my maternity tankini all packed and ready to go. Should be a pretty funny sight, me almost 29 weeks pregnant in a bathing suit. It may be the last I want to be seen in a bathing suit for a while. Don't worry I'll take at least one picture. The dogs love the water so we are going to take them out before the crowd gets to the beach and let them play. I would love to get a tan but I'm not sure how that is gonna work out for me. I'm not supposed to get overheated for one, then secondly I can't flip over so I'd just have a tan front. Hmmm we'll see, regardless the beach and pool will still be fun and relaxing! Then our schedule really gets out of control until baby time.

I'm still having lots of heartburn from this little one. I can't wait to be rid of that. Ever since the Master's my feet have given up on me and this belly of mine. I can't stand for long or do much walking anymore before they are throbbing. I helped with wedding cakes, deliveries, and ran errands this weekend so I paid for it. But I have to say I would much rather have achy feet than back pain any day. There may still be some back pain in store down the road but so far just a little here and there.

I finally found a table for Carli's room! So now I just have to hang all my the pictures/bookshelves and we are done other than the changing table pad. Since the dogs ate the last one I've been looking everywhere for that foam and can't find it. Looks like I'm going to have to drive back down to Gastonia. I was really hoping to avoid that trip, oh well!

Well I guess that's all the excitement for this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment